At what age are you supposed to stop loving princesses? Because I haven't yet, and therefore, in honor of the first annual National Princess Week, the inner-princess in me...who secretly loves this week [read: kinda-sorta-feels-in-a-tiny-wishful-ridiculous-slightly-imaginary way like I should be a part of it...haha!]...wanted to dedicate this post to just a few of my favorite princesses!
#1: Duchess of Cambridge Catherine Middleton
Big surprise, I know! Of course, Kate is my #1 favorite princess and probably always will be. I just love everything about her (in particularly her fashion!) and am pretty sure, without a doubt, that if I was lucky enough to live in London (perhaps next door to Kensington Palace or something), we'd be good friends. Haha! So I know technically she isn't considered a Princess (yet) and the Queen has to actually bestow her with that title, but for all intents and purposes she is practically a Princess. Besides, her official title, Her Royal Highness Duchess of Cambridge, just doesn't have the same ring to it and is rather cumbersome to say (and write)....so to me, Princess she is...and my favorite at that!!
#2: Belle
Although it was hard to choose just one favorite Disney Princess, I'm going to have to go with Belle from Beauty and the Beast. First of all, she's obviously a beauty (and, ahem, brunette - just sayin')...I mean that is the title of the movie, right? But more importantly, she is a sweet, loving princess who ends up seeing through the harsh exterior of the Beast and falling in love with the man inside (who just happens to end up being a gorgeous hunk of a man, but that's besides the point). Also, who wouldn't love being able to talk to "everyday" household items who help you clean and organize and create the path to your perfect love story? I could use a Chip and Cogsworth, even a Mrs. Potts (despite her tendency to be a bit bossy) to help around the house every now and then!
#3: Dame Julie Andrews
Last, but not least, I have to include Julie Andrews. Not only is she part-founder in National Princess Week (which makes her totally awesome!), but she is a HUGE part of my childhood...and really every child's childhood quite honestly! Dominating two of the world's most classic films, Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music, who couldn't love Julie Andrews?! I mean a spoonful of sugar really does help the medicine go down and just like when we read we begin with ABC, when we sing we begin with do-re-mi! (Yes, I've got a little dork in me, but come on - admit it, you actually sang those lyrics when you just read that!)
So those are three of my favorite princesses. I don't know if I'll ever grow out of loving princesses (and secretly wanting to be one), but I can't wait until the day that I have a little girl that I can share this love with....or at least "blame" all of our trips to Disney World on! Who are some of your favorites?



May 24 ... save the date. A few ladies are having a Sleeping Beauty Movie Night. You'd love it. Pink and blue theme ... all night long! I'm on Team Pink.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds fun! May 24th? A Thursday night - do you guys not work on Friday?
DeleteOh come on, I know you're more social than that! You can play on a work night. ;-) We won't keep you out too late.
ReplyDelete