True Story: As I was getting ready for work this morning, I make a small wish that I hear my new favorite song "Angel Eyes" by Love and Theft on my way to work. So you can imagine my excitement when it comes on the radio about half way into my commute today!!!
So after a quick shout-out to The Man Upstairs for playing my song - and like any other totally normal person driving to work in the morning - I crank the volume and starting belting out the words at the top of my lungs. Yes, I'm one of those people that jam out by themselves in the car while others drive by and laugh...but I don't care - I love this song!
The only hiccup in my oh-so-exciting morning is that when the song came on I was mid-bite into my fiber bar (note: 2nd breakfast of the morning) and in the midst of all my excitement, I forgot that one cannot swallow food and start belting out lyrics at the same time. Imagine my surprise!! One minute I'm overly pumped that my song came on and the next I'm choking! And we are talking serious choking - trying to cough, eyes watering, fists trying to punch your own back choking! A gazillion thoughts are running through my head...first, I can't hear my song! Second, should I pull over? OMG, can you do the heimlich maneuver on a pregnant lady? Would anybody know how to do the heimlich on a pregnant lady? Damn, fiber bar! My favorite part - I'm missing it! How long can one go without breathing? Why is this happening? And then.....AIR!!!! I can breathe! I don't have to pull over!! I'm alive!!!!! Shoot, I missed over half my song!!
Now that that was over - and I'm still here and able to type this (and super thankful) - I decided to award myself with a nonfat vanilla chai...I deserved one! However, I was still bummed that I missed most of my favorite song....thank gosh for Youtube on my phone! I played the song (singing just slightly above whisper the whole time since my phone's volume isn't quite as audible as the car's volume) another 3 1/4 times before I got to work...and I didn't choke once! Ahhhh, the small things in life...
No comments:
Post a Comment